Great Minds, a rapidly growing challenger brand in the PK-12 instructional materials space, seeks experienced Wit & Wisdom PD Fellows to join our dynamic Humanities team.
Great Minds, a mission driven Public Benefit Corporation, brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our English curriculum, Wit & Wisdom®, Eureka Math™ and PhD Science™, all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and the sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1000 people.
For additional information please visit: www.greatminds.org
OUR MARKET POSITION
Great Minds’ Eureka Math is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom English and PhD Science, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Wit & Wisdom PD Fellows will:
- Develop and maintain expertise in specified selections from the catalog of Wit & Wisdom PD offerings.
- Engage in a paid, virtual or in-person training process in the Spring of 2023.
- Commit to and deliver an estimated 10 days of virtual or on-site professional development throughout Summer 2023, as assigned by Wit & Wisdom PD Services and PD Managers.
- With the support of school administration, enter into a job share contract between Great Minds and district, granting release time for PD delivery over the course of the 23-24 school year.
- Strong, consistent internet bandwidth
- Access to a quiet space for delivering professional development
- Familiarity with virtual platforms, such as Zoom and Canvas
- Engagement throughout in an in person and virtual training process in the Spring of 2023, totaling approximately 50 hours.
- Willingness to travel within the continental US
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Wit & Wisdom
- 2+ years of experience teaching in or supporting teachers in a school or district using Wit & Wisdom
- 1+ years of experience delivering professional development at the district or national level
- Experience teaching or delivering professional development in a virtual setting
All application materials must be received by Friday, December 1st, 2022.
- This position has a salary of $45/hour.
New employees will be required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination, subject to potential reasonable accommodation due to medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs.
Any communication to applicants relating to the Great Minds hiring process will only come from email addresses with the domains greatminds.org or greatminds.recruitee.com. If in the course of the application or hiring process with Great Minds you are contacted through another domain, are requested to provide banking or other sensitive information, or you note any other suspicious activity, please contact email@example.com
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.