What is Pathrise?
Pathrise (YC W18) connects job seekers across North America to world class industry mentorship and career coaching to help them land a new career. The program is free upfront and our customers pay us back when they’re hired.
Built around aligned incentives, we help build equity in the job search process by providing 1-on-1 mentorship, training, and a platform to uplift job seekers and ultimately, help them fulfill their hopes, ambitions, and livelihoods. We’ve already helped more than a thousand fellows land meaningful jobs, and helped them earn over $100M in salary.
Last year, we raised our Series A and there is even more exciting growth on the horizon. In 2022, we have already expanded from 6 to 14 industries, launched a tiered pricing system with differentiated product offerings, and much more.
Our Mission 🚀
Our mission is to help people everywhere build their careers by being the world’s best career agency.
We believe the job search system is broken and can be fixed with a business model that acts on behalf of the job seeker, instead of on behalf of employers, recruiters, or schools. If this sounds interesting to you, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read more about our mission in our manifesto.
We are looking for mission-driven career educators to help our fellows land life changing roles in the tech industry and beyond!
Our part-time network includes Trial Specialists, Resume Specialists, Profile Specialists, and Interview Specialists. Resume Specialists may work with prospective fellows entering the 2-week trial period of the Pathrise program or with Pathrise Pro fellows currently enrolled in a cohort.
A Resume Specialist will be responsible for any of the following: conducting resume sessions, providing concrete guidance on resume rewrites, coaching a fellow to understand the improvements needed and why, and achieving fellow satisfaction.
A Resume Specialist working with Pro fellows will also successfully review resumes, meet with fellows to gain any necessary context, and develop effective resumes aimed at increasing the fellow’s likelihood of passing through the ATS and recruiter screening processes.
- 3+ years of experience in resume writing and profile optimization (Linkedin, candidate branding, etc)
- 10 - 25 hours of availability per week
- Ability to work with or quickly learn various technical platforms such as Google Suite, Notion, Asana, etc
- Put our fellows first by having a passion for our mission and working collaboratively to pinpoint fellow issues to help them land their dream job!
- 100% remote work (1099 role)
- $30 - 40/hr DOE
- Flexible working hours
- Access to Pathrise resources and a network of mentors and industry pros!
- growing employees: we value giving and receiving feedback (constructively) and we value continuous improvement. We want you to grow professionally and we include a professional development stipend to help you achieve that.
- diversity, equity and inclusion: we value people, opinions and thoughts from diverse backgrounds. Our culture is built upon the pillar of ‘DEI is not a separate initiative from Pathrise it is a part of Pathrise.’ We invite all to share their stories and we believe that it is through acceptance and curiosity that we can create a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
- grit and passion: we are a small but agile team, everyone has a hand in determining how we grow as a business and as a team. We support one another to reach our dreams of changing how job seekers find employment and we are fiercely passionate about working hard to achieve that!
This is a 1099 contractor position.