Learning Assistant - Data Analytics Program
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
About this role:
In a virtual environment intended to support curriculum-related questions, "Learning Assistants" play an integral role in building trust and executing engagement with students to "assist" their "learning" experience. Learning Assistants have an opportunity to play a more virtual-friendly role that directly relates to the Bootcamp journey and adds meaning to our pedagogy of learning in a virtual capacity.
- Prepare and stay updated with specific curriculum and core concepts of your assigned support program.
- Contribute to team-wide support goals by meeting and exceeding personal key performance indicator goals.
- Provide world-class student support while adhering to our support model to solve and respond to curriculum-based technical questions.
- Craft easy-to-understand responses that guide students to discover the answer to their questions.
- Attend and contribute to daily meetings at the start and end of every shift.
- Contribute to a culture of trust by adhering to all operational and system procedures.
- Collaborate with other team members to troubleshoot, support, or redirect students' questions.
- Attend training and development sessions as determined by management..
- Infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the students' learning progression.
- Be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
- This is a remote, part-time position (W2-based employment). You may work from anywhere!
- A laptop, camera, microphone/headset, and reliable high-speed internet access are required.
- Personalized scheduling! While shift start and end times are predetermined, you choose the days and shifts you'd like to work!
- Hourly employees with 2u/EdX are limited to a maximum of 29 hours worked per week.
Learning Assistant Scheduling:
Learning Assistants will work on a predefined, personalized shift schedule each week. Based on availability, Learning Assistants may choose any combination of days and shift hours.
Learning Assistants must commit to working a minimum of 8 hours each week. (To best meet the needs of our learners, shift start and end times cannot be modified.)
Shift Start and End Times:
- 12a - 5a ET - 5 Hours
- 5a - 10a ET - 5 Hours
- 10a - 6p ET - 8 Hours
- 6p - 10p ET - 4 Hours
- 8p - 12a ET - 4 Hours
- Maintain your current career while teaching
- Hone your skills by teaching and mentoring others
- Expand your network by joining the thousands of industry professionals who comprise our Instructional Staff
- Experience the gratitude and fulfillment that comes along with teaching and giving back to the tech community
- Management skills development
- Conflict resolution development
- Coaching and mentoring
Our Learning Assistants support students enrolled in University Bootcamps across the globe in the following areas:
- Data Visualization/Analytics
- Advanced Statistics with Data Analytics with Microsoft Excel and Python, Numpy, Pandas, and Matplotlib
- Databases like SQL and MongoDB
- Hadoop and Machine Learning
*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME*
Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to self-manage daily remote work.
- A thorough, detail-oriented work style.
- Proficiency with software engineering tools.
- Ability to attend and contribute to virtual meetings.
- Ability to analyze complex technical information.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot complex, technical problems quickly and efficiently.
- A logical, analytical, and creative approach to problem-solving
- Have a patient and positive attitude.
- Able to infuse empathy, support, encouragement, and fun into the learning environment.
- Minimum of 6 months of work experience or graduation from a Bootcamp style program.
- As listed below, experience with specific technologies for your program of application.