Centralized Grader - Data Visualization Program
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
About This Role:
As a Central Grader, your primary goal is to deliver a faster turnaround for homework grades and consistently high-quality feedback. We succeed as a team in providing students grades and feedback that is detailed, clear, and supports the journey of learning by helping students understand where they can improve and/or advance. Central graders play an integral part of the student experience ensuring that students and local instructional staff know how a student is performing and where best to add support.
What You Will Do:
- Prepare and stay up to date with specific curriculum expectations and core concepts
- Grade student homework submissions in BCS/Canvas within 24-48 hours of submission
- Articulate clear and thorough feedback that supports the specific grade assigned
- Identify student errors and communicate explicitly for visibility to local instructional team
- Check submissions for plagiarism prior to grading and notify the team as needed
- Encourage students' progression of learning according to our pedagogy
- Communicate to the student in a way that also keeps the instructional staff in mind
- Hourly employment
- Time-management is a must
- Remote position
- Stable internet connection required
- 15+ hr/week shifts based on need
- Schedule flexibility is very helpful.
- Must have a laptop/desktop with reliable internet access
Our Centralized Graders support students enrolled in University Bootcamps across the globe in the following areas:
- Data Visualization/Analytics
- Advanced Statistics with Data Analytics with Microsoft Excel and Python, Numpy, Pandas, and Matplotlib
- Databases like SQL and MongoDB
- Hadoop and Machine Learning
*You must apply in your FULL LEGAL NAME*
Your full legal name must be the EXACT name and spelling as listed on your government issued ID Card, birth certificate, name change order, adoption decree, naturalization or immigration documentation. Initials are not acceptable unless initials are part of your full legal name.
Skills & Requirements:
- Minimum 1-3 years of work experience, or have graduated from one of our programs
- Possess working knowledge of content/stack
- A positive attitude
- Remote working and communication skills